What a darling little place! Such a fun remodel
of a formerly commercial looking space to a cozy, lodge-feeling home with adorable decorative touches and some lovely high end, custom finishes. Loved seeing the “before and after” pics! Great view of the lake, decent proximity to the water for fishing or swimming (you can walk it, but the hill is a bit much heading back up). The kids LOVED the bunk room, especially the teens and spent 90% of their time there. I spent 90% of my time sitting by the fire pit and the other 10% cooking up meals in the kitchen which has everything you’d need and more! My husband made the best ribs I’ve ever tasted on the smoker and our little one adored swinging on the big tree swing and exploring the land. Heck, we all did. Such a perfect, quick getaway for our family of 6, we’ll definitely be back. Thank you Martin fam for letting us share your beautiful, peaceful slice of heaven.
Pros for us: no wi-fi, nature (lots of deer!), quiet, comfy beds, gorgeous view, fire pit, close-ish to town, washer/dryer, great hosts/communication, easy check in/out, fairly secluded, horseshoes/swing/hammock/games, great spot no matter weather or season, lots of unexpected creature comforts (hairdryers, add’l pillows and towels, shampoos, condiments, etc.)
Cons: wine glasses on top shelf + 5’2” mom = 😩
Potential considerations: no wi-fi (kids), nature (bugs), no door on bunk room, somewhat distant proximity to water, neighbors close-ish, potential pet-sensitivity.